Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First post? How about some old pics!

Journaling. I keep reading about how great it is for you. It's stress relief. It's a few minutes each day to clear your mind. Over at The Art of Manliness they even dedicated one of their "30 Days to a Better Man" segments to it. So, what the hey! Here we go...

I really need to invest in a small point-and-click camera. I'd like to start taking tons of jobsite pictures, but I only have the camera(s) in my cell phone(s). 1.3 megapixel? I don't care how many pixels it has when they all look like they're coated in vaseline. These pics are from a little Kodak that now kills batteries faster than you can snap a pic. Anyhoo, here are some old wiring pics.

View from the back of the house.

Doesn't look like much, but that is 22 green "Quad" cables. They are about 3/4" thick and are really stiff. It's like trying to dress up 22 garden hoses full of water. Yes, the bundle coming down from the top has to pass right by the structured wiring can, down into the crawlspace, and back up into the can from the bottom.



Getting these wires straight took two of us about 45 minutes. You can't tell from the pic, but they're following a cathedral ceiling joist. I had to stand on top of a ladder with the whole bundle on my shoulder while we both tried to untangle them so they would be straight. It's hard to say how much that bundle weighed, but it had to be 50+ pounds. All that and it just got covered up by drywall. Sad...



No comments:

Post a Comment