Friday, June 26, 2009

Red tape...

I need a beer. Still don't have ANY OF THE VIDEO DISTRIBUTION PARTS I NEED that we ordered on Monday. Found out 3 days after the fact the the distributor only has 2 of the 15 parts I need (and they are 2 Receive baluns... they're gonna do a lot by themselves...) and another part isn't in their system and will take at least 10 business days just to add it, and THEN they'll ship it from a backorder status. What??

So I call the manufacturer (Audio Authority - my contact so far has been great). They have everything I need sitting right there in their building, they sell for the same price as the distributor. Awesome! Just need to have the higher-ups sign a "dealer agreement" which is just our info, not even credit terms or anything, and they'll ship next day with a credit card payment. OK!

That was yesterday morning. Guess what STILL isn't ordered yet? All they needed was a signature and a credit card number and I would've been installing it RIGHT NOW.

Did I mention the customer moved in to the house today?!

Argh.

Oh, and all the Fios boxes lost their IP addresses right before I left, as I was setting up 4 of the TVs so they would have them for the night.

Argh.

1 comment:

  1. Im going to change my sig at RC to... {waiting for parts). If i had a nickle for everytime i have said that :).

    ReplyDelete